Published on January 1st, 2015 | by Moore 24 Class0
Roadmaster Scoring System
For the 2016 season we will be using the low-point scoring system, with 1 throwout regatta for the total Roadmaster series. The details are outlined below.
- Each yacht's finishing position in each of the Roadmaster series events will be combined to make up a total series score.
- Scoring 9 regatta's in the series with 1 to be discarded.
- The yacht with the lowest point total of all yachts' best remaining scores will be crowned the Roadmaster Champion.
- Ties will be broken in accordance with RRS A8.
- Yachts not competing (DNC) in an event will be scored as the number of entered yachts plus 5.
- Yachts not finishing single race events (DNF) will be scored as the number of finishing yachts plus 1.
- Yachts not starting single race events (DNS) but having entered and been in the starting area will be scored as the number of entered yachts plus 3. This is for extenuating circumstances only, i.e. breakdown or collision prior to start.
- Yachts disqualified (DSQ) from single race events will be scored as the number of entered yachts plus 4.
- There is no bonus for competing in all races.
- Enjoy your boat, race hard and often.
- * Double Damned non-counter
The intention of this scoring system is to simplify scoring and make every event equally important.